Tuesday, March 17, 2009

High School Musical (2006)

High School Musical (2006) (TV)
A problem-free Teen movie with lots of Smiles, 5 October 2008


After all the hype, after all the rave reviews, I decided that I should be culturally aware and view this phenomenon called 'High School Musical'. And I was actually quite impressed with it. It was fun and care free. It was light weight escapism that put a smile on your face. Sometimes music in musicals seems to just come out of now where. In many places in this film, the music seem to happen in a more natural way and not just because people want to break out in song, although that does happen.

I can imagine if John Hughes made this same film or one of the other filmmakers who make Teen Films these days. The film would have someone singing about losing their virginity or perhaps how wonderful it is to get high or drunk. Even though these are real life teen occurrences it doesn't have to be plastered in every teen oriented story. I didn't deal with drugs, alcohol or sexual promiscuity when I was in high school.

The best thing about the Musical is the well choreographed dance scenes. Some of the songs are OK too. It's actually worth putting in your Family library and I can understand why so many pre-teens like it so much. So watch it and then be brave enough to admit in public that you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment