Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Island at the Top of the World (1974)

The Island at the Top of the World (1974)

Ice caverns.

Floating airships.

Savage Norsemen.

This is a old-style fun adventure film from the company that brought us 20,000 Leagues and the Swiss Family Robinson. The kind my dear late father would have loved and my dear sweet present living mother would love too.

When you say ‘ I like Disney movies’ most folks  immediately think of only the animated canon. They forget about live action fair like 'Island in the Sky' and the others like 'Treasure Island' and  'Never a Dull Moment'.

I wrote this review weeks after watching the film which is why this review is shoter then the snypsois on the DVD cover. At some point after traviling the landscape of other Disney Golden age pictures I'll take a hope once again in the air ship and sail to 'The Island at the Top of the World".

No comments:

Post a Comment