Sunday, April 3, 2011

It can be hard to write a review IF

I thought that I should review theses masterpieces from the golden era of Disney film making from the 50’s to the end of the 70’, and not just review them passively. I wanted to do more then just have a checklist of the Disney film I liked and didn’t like. I wanted to write an in-depth review of each film I saw. Then why are some reviews shorter then others? Why are some blurbs and  less descriptive then the synopsis on the back of the DVD. It’s not hard to write a clever in-depth review of a Disney film,

but it can be hard for me,  IF


1. I don’t take notes during the film to remind me of what happen in the film. I never do that anyway because I usually write a review while it is fresh in my head. But some reviews I wrote awhile after I saw it.

So it can be hard for me to write a Disney review IF

2. I don’t write it right away. I might not have done it right away because I wanted to get to the next Disney film on my list. I could have re-read a synopsis on Wikipedia or some other informed movie site. But I didn’t cause I was in a hurry to write reviews for a bunch of Disney movies I have seen. There is just so many of them.

So it can be hard for me to write a Disney review IF


3. I don’t review the source material from another source.

I guess I might be in a hurry to get to some real movies with deeper content. Disney can be deep but they are usually a little formulaic and stand out from other type movies. They consist of fun moments on screen in a few different categories.

1. The plucky Action-Adventure fair with lots of old-fashion chivalry and toned downed violence.
2. The serious Disney drama of one person overcoming some hardship of some kind.
3. The Wacky Goofy comedy with some outrageous slapstick silly well-timed comedy gags.

There are so many Disney films to watch and review and so many movies to watch and review and I told myself I would watch all the Disney films on my list and review them. I wanted my reviews to be helpful to others and not be just a blurb.

But instead I write a in-depth journal entry about why I didn’t write a in-depth review. This may not be helpful to you, but at least I expressed myself and pledge to write right away so I can actually summit helpful reviews to readers like you. When I get away from the series list and stick more to individual type films it will be easier. Once I started this trek down the Magic Kingdom I must continue to the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment